X.500 Directory for Corporate "White Pag

/C=CA/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/PRMD=RCCEPROV/O=GST/OU=HQNTPLAN/S=bwilliam/@gemdes.carleton.ca Fri, 26 March 1993 22:27 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: /C=CA/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/PRMD=RCCEPROV/O=GST/OU=HQNTPLAN/S=bwilliam/@gemdes.carleton.ca
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1993 14:11:09 -0600
To: Reply not requested <ietf-osi-x400ops@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject: X.500 Directory for Corporate "White Pag

P2-Body: IA5

I am seeking information on progress toward X.500 compliant applications for
corporate telephone directories and sub-directories. In my research, I came
upon a number of references which I have been trying to tap into, but need
direction to find these and other sources of information.
Specific references which I have come across include:
1) North American Directory Forum (NADF)
2) Internet Engineering Task Force ( one statement I found suggested that
"the Directory Information Services (pilot) Infrastructure (DISI) working
group of IETF produced a catalogue of available X.500 implementations. It
lists 30 commercial and freely available X.500 products.")
3) PSI White Pages Project
4) Field Operational X.500 Project (FOX)

I am sending this message rather 'blindly', not knowing who is at the other
end. It was given to me by the author of a paper relevant to this topic. If
possible, please provide me some direction to follow in my information
search. If you cannot, for whatever reason, please reply that you cannot so
that I at least know this message reached someone and I needn't try again.
Thanks.

I believe that the appropriate address to use to respond is one of the
following:

/c=ca/admd=telecom.canada/prmd=rcceprov/o=gst/ou=hqntplan/s=bwilliam/@gemdes
.carleton.ca

or

@gemdes.carleton.ca:/c=ca/admd=telecom.canada/prmd=rcceprov/o=gst/ou=hqntpla
n/s=bwilliam

Thank You

Brian R. Williams
Network Facilities and Services - Multimedia
Information Technology Branch
Revenue Canada
Ottawa
(613) 592-8834