Re: [Ospf-wireless-design] Design team outbrief (draft slides) posted

Emmanuel Baccelli <Emmanuel.Baccelli@inria.fr> Mon, 07 November 2005 17:46 UTC

Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:45:07 +0100
From: Emmanuel Baccelli <Emmanuel.Baccelli@inria.fr>
To: ospf-wireless-design@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ospf-wireless-design] Design team outbrief (draft slides) posted
Sender: ospf-wireless-design-bounces@lists.ietf.org

I think there is something rather confusing in the latest discussions:
the use of the term adjacency, especially when compared to its
traditional meaning in OSPF. For example, some simulation results tend
to show that the MDR approach features a reduced number of adjacencies
without featuring any route stretching -- if "min-hop" LSAs a used.
However, this supposes that routing is not only done over adjacencies
(indeed, if routing was only done over adjacencies, the MDR approach
leads to more than 50% route stretching in most cases). This is thus
very confusing, since in traditional OSPF routing is supposed to happen
only over adjacencies. So there is here at least a vocabulary issue,
that needs to be clarified in my opinion.

Emmanuel