Re: ospfv3 - Route Entry

Vivek Dubey <vivek_ospf@REDIFFMAIL.COM> Mon, 27 June 2005 07:05 UTC

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:06:17 -0000
From: Vivek Dubey <vivek_ospf@REDIFFMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: ospfv3 - Route Entry
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Acee,
>Other implementations are possible. As you know, the OSPFv3 intra->area SPF calculation is done in 2 phases. First a Shortest Path Tree
>(SPT) is built from the router and network LSAs. In the second phase, >the intra-area-prefix-LSAs are examined and routes are added to the >routing table for reachable prefixes based on whether the reference >LSA is reachable (among other checks). So, one either needs to lookup >the route to the corresponding node in the SPT or the reference LSA. >RFC 2740 chose the former and I think it is more straight forward.

Following from above:

draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-update-04
3.5.3  Installing LSAs in the database
Router-LSAs, Network-LSAs, Intra-Area-Prefix-LSAs, and Link-LSAs
      The entire routing table is recalculated, starting with the
      shortest path calculation for each area (see Section 3.8)

<vivek> Change in contents of "Intra-Area-Prefix-LSAs" does not require "entire routing table recalculation". Route entry for referenced router/transit link should be checked and best route to prefixes described in "Intra-Area-Prefix-LSAs" should be calculated

Thanks
Vivek