Re: [OSPF] Advertising S-BFD discriminators in OSPF

Acee Lindem <acee@lindem.com> Fri, 26 September 2014 11:49 UTC

From: Acee Lindem <acee@lindem.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 07:49:24 -0400
To: Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de>, Michael J Barnes <mjbarnes@cisco.com>
Cc: OSPF List <ospf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] Advertising S-BFD discriminators in OSPF

Hi Michael, Manav, Karsten,

We did have this discussion back when we put the first piece of non-OSPF information in the OSPF RI LSA and conceded that the OSPF RI LSA could be used for all types of information.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5088/

On the same subject, I have further conceded that this will be used for variable length information and am doing a bis version of the RFC4970 accommodating multiple instance of the RI LSA. I will be presenting the updates in Honolulu.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-acee-ospf-rfc4970bis/

Thanks,
Acee
P.S. I’m glad I didn’t reply last night - we might have missed out on all the analogies ;^).