[OSPF] 答复: New Version Notification for draft-liang-ospf-flowspec-extensions-01.txt

Youjianjie <youjianjie@huawei.com> Fri, 10 October 2014 10:03 UTC

From: Youjianjie <youjianjie@huawei.com>
To: "Osborne, Eric" <eric.osborne@level3.com>, Hannes Gredler <hannes@juniper.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:03:44 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.138.41.173]
Cc: "ospf@ietf.org" <ospf@ietf.org>
Subject: [OSPF] 答复: New Version Notification for draft-liang-ospf-flowspec-extensions-01.txt

Hi Eric, et al,

Thanks for your comments! We do need to think about the network scale and efficiency issues.

Some of them we have considered before, but not reflected in the draft. For example, we can do the similar validation procedure as described in section 6 of [RFC5575] (Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules). i.e., only those FlowSpec entries passing the validation will be handled.
Also in our draft, a new FlowSpec capability is defined. Only those routers supporting this capability will handle FlowSpec entries. This capability can be configured locally. Actually, for the small-to-medium sized networks, the total amount of FlowSpec entries is limited. Additionally, the maximum amount of FlowSpec entries on FlowSpec capable routers can be configured too. So we think these issues can be solved.

Regarding OpenFlow, if there're lots of points need the FlowSpec entries, then the controller has to communicate with all of them. This maybe be a challenge for the controller.

Thanks,
Jianjie