Re: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-04.txt

Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM> Tue, 06 July 2004 05:39 UTC

Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 22:41:54 -0700
From: Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM>
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-04.txt
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Abhay,

Good point, didnt know the draft was actually out(actually I think Sina/Michael actually started working on it togather a long long while back before the idea was dropped). Just curious would we still use IPSec or would we use the current authentication mechanism?

To add further, we intend to add a draft to allow out of order sequence of packets with authentication enabled like in IPSec for OSPFv2 too. (IP does not guarentee inorder dilevery anyway/besides we can allow for packet prioritization)

Thanks,
Vishwas