Re: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-04.txt

Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM> Tue, 13 July 2004 14:30 UTC

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:33:31 -0700
From: Vishwas Manral <Vishwas@SINETT.COM>
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-04.txt
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Abhay,

Hmmmm. That way you will have to work on all relevent OSPFv2 RFC's for OSPFv3 for IPv4.(a lot of work). Things like NSSA/TE/Hitless Restart and every new functionality to OSPFv2.

Maybe if a generalized mechanism to carry OSPFv2 LSA's(I think Kireeti pointed this out sometime) in OSPFv3 framework was there, it would be helpful?

Besides that I think a small writeup on the NSSA changes for OSPFv3(because of changes of the NSSA RFC) would be helpful too. Things like Nt bit, optional summary importing, setting of forwarding addresses etc. Anybody else willing?

Thanks,
Vishwas