Re: Vendor attributes in TE LSAs

"Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM> Tue, 27 May 2003 16:39 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:40:40 -0400
From: "Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM>
Subject: Re: Vendor attributes in TE LSAs
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Udo,

The draft looks pretty straight forward and simple.

A similar draft exists in IS-IS
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-experimental-tlv-00.txt
, and instead of "SMI Network management enterprise code for the vendor or
organization" uses "a valid IEEE assigned OUI as the first three bytes of
the value of the TLV."

I do not know the tradeoffs but if possible we could use the same value too.
Maybe someone could point out the tradeoffs if any.

Besides I guess Section 5(if the same mechanism is used in TLV's) and
Section 6 of the ISIS draft wold be valid here too.

Thanks,
Vishwas