Re: [OSPF] OSPF GR query

"Vivek Dubey" <vivek_ospf@rediffmail.com> Sun, 12 November 2006 09:23 UTC

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:20:01 -0000
From: Vivek Dubey <vivek_ospf@rediffmail.com>
To: ospf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OSPF] OSPF GR query

Hi Sujay,
I understand the reason for suggesting that a change in nbr fsm state at "restarting router" to  be taken as a topology change, and thereby exiting GR, hence the extension draft.

But on another note, taking into account default values  (rtr dead interval 40sec and grace period 120sec), if a helper fsm state at restarting router toggles from up-->down-->up within grace period, should we immediately declare that as topology change? Or let GR try be successful until GR period expires?

Thanks
Vivek