Re: [OSPF] OSPFv3 Extended LSAs TLV-level "disposition-if-unsupporetd indicator"?

Peter Psenak <ppsenak@cisco.com> Tue, 06 August 2013 18:45 UTC

Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 20:45:09 +0200
From: Peter Psenak <ppsenak@cisco.com>
To: David Lamparter <equinox@diac24.net>
Cc: ospf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OSPF] OSPFv3 Extended LSAs TLV-level "disposition-if-unsupporetd indicator"?

David,

00 - ignoring unrecognized TVLs is a standard thing to do

01 - non-MT routers would ignore all TLVs related to MT-ID other then 0
anyway, there is nothing special you need to do. If the non-MT capable
router tries to do anything with TLV which is bound to a non-0 MT, or
interpret any data that relates to non-0 MT, its a bug on that router.

10 - you can achieve this by advertising the SADR capability in the RI
LSA and do it for any prefix coming from the non-SADR router, no per TLV
granularity is required.

11 - looks like a router STUB advertisement

BTW, we should set the U-bit on all Extended LSAs and I believe Acee has
agreed on that already.

thanks,
Peter