Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-cap-02.txt

Acee Lindem <acee@REDBACK.COM> Thu, 03 June 2004 13:37 UTC

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:37:27 -0400
From: Acee Lindem <acee@REDBACK.COM>
Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-cap-02.txt
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

We now have two implementations of this draft. One thing
I plan to add when I update the copyright statements is a
section better describing its intended purpose. It is meant
to contain TLVs describing capabilities for the router instance
as a whole. It is not meant to enumerate multiple instances of
an object associated with the router instance. Applications of the
capabilities LSA will need to be evaluated individually to determine
whether or not they belong here or should have a separate opaque
LSA.

I'd like to move this document to WG last call in the near future so
now would be a good time for further discussion.

Thanks,
Acee