Re: Vendor attributes in TE LSAs - (Sent first reply prematurely)

"Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM> Wed, 28 May 2003 05:34 UTC

Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 01:36:14 -0400
From: "Manral, Vishwas" <VishwasM@NETPLANE.COM>
Subject: Re: Vendor attributes in TE LSAs - (Sent first reply prematurely)
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Acee,

Though you can have vendor specific TLV encodings, the issue is there may be
a clash in the TLV or Sub-TLV values.

By using an SMI enterprise code or OUI to distinguish between various vendor
specific implementations, we have one value that can be used by vendors
instead of taking any TLV values, and we do not confuse information by
various vendors, which are used for different purposes.

Thanks,
Vishwas