Re: [OSPF] Fwd: IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-03

Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com> Fri, 17 August 2012 18:30 UTC

From: Acee Lindem <acee.lindem@ericsson.com>
To: "stbryant@cisco.com" <stbryant@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:30:05 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "ospf@ietf.org" <ospf@ietf.org>, "ospf-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <ospf-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] Fwd: IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-03

Hi Stewart,

My apologies for not replying sooner - I have been on vacation with very limited cell/Internet access. The IPR was disclosed each time the draft was presented or covered in the WG document status IETF OSPF WG meetings (starting with Bejing).

Also, it was reiterated during when the WG last call was started.

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ospf/current/msg06292.html

Also, it was included in the document shepherd write-up.

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ospf/current/msg06370.html

Finally, the patent is referenced in the draft itself in the acknowledgments.

10. Acknowledgments

   The draft text was produced using Stefan Santesson's NroffEdit
   application.

   The idea of using a special subnet mask to hide broadcast networks in
   OSPF was originally introduced in the US patent "Apparatus and method
   to hide transit only multi-access networks in OSPF" (patent number:
   7,929,524), by Yi Yang, Alvaro Retana, James Ng, Abhay Roy, Alfred
   Lindem, Sina Mirtorabi, Timothy Gage, and Khalid Raza.

   The authors would like to thank Acee Lindem, Shraddha Hegde, Rajesh
   Shetty, Marek Karasek, Michael Barnes, and Paul Wells, for their
   feedback on the document.

Thanks Much,
Acee