Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-lindem-ospf-route-attr-00.txt

Acee Lindem <acee@REDBACK.COM> Fri, 02 July 2004 18:22 UTC

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:20:46 -0400
From: Acee Lindem <acee@REDBACK.COM>
Subject: Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-lindem-ospf-route-attr-00.txt
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

This draft describes a mechanism for attaching extra attributes to
OSPF advertised routes. It also describes the propagation of the
attributes across area boundaries. The driving application is support
of  "Nexthop Fast ReRoute for IP and MPLS" as described in
<draft-shen-nhop-fastreroute-00.txt>. The draft also offers an alternative
to <draft-dec-ospf-tags-01.txt> as a mechanism for attaching
administrative tags to OSPF intra-area and inter-area routes.

Note that the next verision of the draft will include an informative
reference to the ISIS adminstrative tag draft (before somebody asks
why I didn't include one). This was simply an oversight.

I will present it at the  San Diego IETF.

Thanks,
Acee