Re: [OSPF] WG Adoption Poll for "OSPF LLS Extensions for Local Interface ID Advertisement"

Olivier Dugeon <olivier.dugeon@orange.com> Wed, 24 May 2017 10:19 UTC

To: Peter Psenak <ppsenak@cisco.com>, Julien Meuric <julien.meuric@orange.com>, "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee@cisco.com>, OSPF WG List <ospf@ietf.org>
From: Olivier Dugeon <olivier.dugeon@orange.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 12:19:47 +0200
Subject: Re: [OSPF] WG Adoption Poll for "OSPF LLS Extensions for Local Interface ID Advertisement"

Hi Peter,

Le 24/05/2017 à 11:37, Peter Psenak a écrit :
> Julien,
>
> - I don't know if there is any implementation that uses the solution
> proposed in RFC 4203. I sent a query to the WG list and so far I have
> not heard about a single one.
I already write a basic support of RFC 4203 publish originaly in Quagga
and now available in FRRouting. Link Local /Remote Identifier are
decoded and it is quiet simple to add configuration at the interface
level to advertise them.
I could provide a patch if needed.

> - there is not even IANA registry created for the Sub-TLVs of the Link
> Local TLVs and there is no IANA value reserved for Link Local
> Identifier TLV as defined in RFC4203.
For us, there is a simple solution: Just use Link Local / Remote
Identifier TLVs with Remote Identifier set to 0 if it is unknown. There
is no need to create one more TLVs parameters. From an operator point of
view, it is already very hard to manage all existing TE parameters. Why
adding extra TLVs when existing ones could be used ?

Regards

Olivier