[OSPF] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-08: (with COMMENT)

"Alvaro Retana" <aretana@cisco.com> Mon, 19 October 2015 12:42 UTC

From: Alvaro Retana <aretana@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 05:42:03 -0700
Cc: draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag@ietf.org, ospf-chairs@ietf.org, ospf@ietf.org
Subject: [OSPF] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-08: (with COMMENT)

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag/

COMMENT:

I am clearing my DISCUSS because we seem to be going around in circles in
my exchanges with the authors.

I still have some concerns about the normative language in section 3.2
(some of it has been updated as a result of our discussions) — I think
that some of the text is not in line with what seems to be the intent of
the extension: "…allows simplification, ease of management and control
over…policies. …node-tags can be used to express and apply
locally-defined network policies."

Specifically, I have strong concerns about the ability (or not, as
defined in the text) to flood the same tag value with different scopes,
and about potential instability caused by sources other than topology
changes.

To all this, I trust the responsible AD and hope that the WG had the
appropriate discussions, so I'm changing my ballot and not standing in
the way.