Re: [p2pi] ALTO Information Export Service

Reinaldo Penno <rpenno@juniper.net> Tue, 28 October 2008 23:49 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:48:38 -0700
From: Reinaldo Penno <rpenno@juniper.net>
To: "Woundy, Richard" <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>, John Leslie <john@jlc.net>, Stanislav Shalunov <shalunov@shlang.com>
Cc: p2pi@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [p2pi] ALTO Information Export Service
Sender: p2pi-bounces@ietf.org

I agree with you Rich. Getting an accurate mapping of IP to 'owner' ASs is
not an easy task. Some people spent a lot of time on this. I did not know
this presentation.

Here is a another very good reference:

Towards an Accurate AS-Level Traceroute Tool
Zhuoqing Morley Mao Jennifer Rexford Jia Wang Randy H. Katz
UC Berkeley AT&T Labs­Research AT&T Labs­Research UC Berkeley
zmao@cs.berkeley.edu jrex@research.att.com jiawang@research.att.com
randy@cs.berkeley.edu

In this paper they discuss in detail all the roadblocks to have a traceroute
tool that maps IP to ASs.

Thanks,

Reinaldo