Re: [p2pi] ALTO Information Export Service

Laird Popkin <laird@pando.com> Wed, 29 October 2008 20:10 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:10:20 -0400
From: Laird Popkin <laird@pando.com>
To: John Leslie <john@jlc.net>
Cc: p2pi@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [p2pi] ALTO Information Export Service
Sender: p2pi-bounces@ietf.org

I suspect that we're in "violent agreement".

Yes, ALTO can't "find good routes". But there is a relationship between ALTO and routing in an indirect sense - the goal of ALTO is to help applications "find peers that the ISP can probably find better routes to than random peers".

- Laird Popkin, CTO, Pando Networks
  mobile: 646/465-0570