Subject: [p2prg] Call for Nominations: Applied Networking Research Prize 2012
From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:42:04 +0000
List-Id: Peer-to-Peer Research Group <p2prg.irtf.org>

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
         
            APPLIED NETWORKING RESEARCH PRIZE (ANRP) 2012
               
                       http://irtf.org/anrp

***    Submit nominations for the 2012 award period of the        ***
***   Applied Networking Research Prize until May 13, 2012!       ***

The Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP) is awarded for recent
results in applied networking research that are relevant for
transitioning into shipping Internet products and related
standardization efforts. Researchers with relevant, recently
published results are encouraged to apply for this prize, which will
offer them the opportunity to present and discuss their work with
the engineers, network operators, policy makers and scientists that
participate in the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and its
research arm, the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF).

The goal of the Applied Networking Research Prize is to recognize
the best new ideas in networking, and bring them to the IETF and
IRTF especially in cases where they would not otherwise see much
exposure or discussion.

The Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP) consists of:

  * cash prize of $500 (USD)
  
  * travel grant to attend a week-long IETF meeting
    (airfare, hotel, registration, stipend)
    
  * invited talk at the IRTF Open Meeting
  
  * recognition at the IETF plenary
  
  * invitation to related social activities
  
  * potential for additional travel grants to future IETF
    meetings, based on community feedback

HOW TO NOMINATE

Only a single person can be nominated for the award. The basis of
the nomination is a peer-reviewed, recently-published, original
journal, conference or workshop paper they authored. The nominee
must be one of the main authors of the nominated paper. Both self
nominations (nominating one’s own paper) and third-party nominations
(nominating someone else’s paper) are encouraged.

The nominated paper should provide a scientific foundation for
possible future IETF engineering work or IRTF research and
experimentation, analyze the behavior of Internet protocols in
operational deployments or realistic testbeds, make an important
contribution to the understanding of Internet scalability,
performance, reliability, security or capability, or otherwise be of
relevance to ongoing or future IETF or IRTF activities.

Applicants must briefly describe how the nominated paper relates to
these goals, and are encouraged to describe how a presentation of
these research results would foster their transition into new IETF
engineering or IRTF experimentation, or otherwise seed new
activities that will have an impact on the real-world Internet.

The goal of the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP) is to
foster the transitioning of research results into real-world
benefits for the Internet. Therefore, applicants must indicate that
they (or the nominee, in case of third-party nominations) are
available to attend at least one of the year’s IETF meetings in
person and in its entirety.

Nominations must include:

  * the name and email address of the nominee

  * a bibliographic reference to the published nominated paper

  * a PDF copy of the nominated paper

  * a statement that describes how the nominated paper fulfills the
    goals of the award

  * a statement about which of the year’s IETF meetings the nominee
    would be available to attend in person and in its entirety

  * a brief biography or CV of the nominee

  * optionally, any other supporting information (link to nominee’s
    web site, etc.)

Nominations are submitted via the submission site at
http://irtf.org/anrp/2012/. In exceptional cases, nominations may
also be submitted by email to [email-masked].

SELECTION PROCESS

A small selection committee comprised of individuals knowledgeable
about the IRTF, IETF and the broader networking research community
will evaluate the submissions against these selection criteria.

IMPORTANT DATES

Applications close:  May 13, 2012 (hard)
Notifications:       June 1, 2012

SPONSORS

The Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP) is supported by the
Internet Society (ISOC), as part of its Internet Research Award
Programme, in coordination with the Internet Research Task Force
(IRTF).

HELP PUBLICIZE THE ANRP

If you would like to help publicize the ANRP within your
organization, you are welcome to print and use the flyer at
http://irtf.org/anrp-2012-flyer.pdf