Subject: Re: [p2prg] draft-irtf-p2prg-mythbustering
From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:34:51 +0200
List-Id: Peer-to-Peer Research Group <p2prg.irtf.org>

Folks,

this draft was written to summarize the discussions of the RG on P2P 
traffic localization and its pitfalls. We decided to keep the draft open 
so new issues, solutions to problems or measurements can be added. Now 
it is the time to wrap up the work on the draft and get it published.

However, we need YOUR help!!

We need volunteers who can do a quick review of the draft mainly to do a 
sanity check that the discussion is still accurate. The draft is fairly 
short and so this should be a quick (and enjoyable) read. Here is a link 
to the draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-irtf-p2prg-mythbustering-01.txt

Please send a quick email to the authors and the chairs if you'd like to 
help with a quick review.

Thanks,

Volker

On 5/23/2012 4:59 PM, Enrico Marocco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the draft was put together in this group and has been kept alive for a
> long time, to both stimulate and keep track of discussions on the
> possible effects of localization of traffic generated by peer-to-peer
> applications. Now that the discussion has cooled down and a common
> understanding has formed on almost all the issues it deals with, the
> authors believe it has served its purpose and are not interested in
> updating it in any substantial way any more. If the RG and the chairs
> believe it would be of any value, they are however available to provide
> their support for the publication process, to get an informational RFC
> out of it.
>
> Enrico
>