Re: RE: [P2PSIP] Open issues with client has multiple associated peers

"Roy, Radhika R Dr CTR USA USAMC" <radhika.r.roy@us.army.mil> Tue, 29 January 2008 15:39 UTC

From: "Roy, Radhika R Dr CTR USA USAMC" <radhika.r.roy@us.army.mil>
To: Hui Deng <denghui02@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:36:37 -0500
Subject: Re: RE: [P2PSIP] Open issues with client has multiple associated peers

Hi Hu:

Here is the approach how to resolve it creating some uniform principles for the peer-to-peer protocol:

1. From P2P protocol point of view, there should be a uniform guideline what should be the primary, secnodary, and other criteria including the choosing the clients who cannot override the decision of the Peer entities.

2. What clients would do for implementing their criteria (e.g. policy, primary peer, or others) may depend on many things for which peer to peer protocol characteristics must not change.

To answer your question, item 1 will determine this if we think this is what we want. However, it has to come from the general principles of the P2P protocol, but not from the clinet-peer protocol.

Best regards,
Radhika