[P2PSIP] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-p2psip-share-09: (with COMMENT)

"Ben Campbell" <ben@nostrum.com> Tue, 01 November 2016 22:42 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 15:42:56 -0700
Cc: draft-ietf-p2psip-share@ietf.org, marc@petit-huguenin.org, p2psip@ietf.org, p2psip-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: [P2PSIP] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-p2psip-share-09: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-p2psip-share-09: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-share/

COMMENT:

I have a one set of substantive comments/questions, and some editorial
comments:

Substantive:

- I'm confused about the validation procedure. In step one, is this the
user name of the user attempting to write the resource? In step 5, I do
not understand how this terminates. Which ACL item is the "previously
selected" one. If that refers to the one selected in the last iteration
of steps 3 and 4, how do you know there are not more ACL items to iterate
through?

Editorial:

-1, first paragraph, first sentence: s/that/, which
-- recurring singular plural mismatch "resources with a variable name".

-1, 2nd paragraphs: "It transfers the authorization..."
What is the antecedent for "it"?

-3. First paragraph after numbered list, "user called Authorized Peer":
missing article.

-3.1, 3rd paragraph: Is the SHALL appropriate? Is an authorized user
actually required to access the array in the first place?

- 6.5, first paragraph: Does the MAY grant permission, or is it a
statement of fact?

-6.6, paragraphs 3 and 4: Are the MUSTs appropriate? Are there not other
(perhaps application specific)  reasons one might choose not to write the
value?

-- 2nd paragraph from end: The MUST seems more like a statement of fact.
(E.g. "The resulting ... integer is used...")

- 4.1, last paragraph: s/implementations/implementors

- 4.2, definition of res_name_ext: The sentence starting with "This name
serves..." is hard to parse.

-5.1, 4th paragraph (paragraph after example) : s/witch/which