[Pals] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-04: (with COMMENT)

"Stephen Farrell" <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Thu, 15 December 2016 01:13 UTC

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 17:13:39 -0800
Cc: draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection@ietf.org, pals-chairs@ietf.org, pals@ietf.org, stewart.bryant@gmail.com
Subject: [Pals] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-04: (with COMMENT)

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-04: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection/

COMMENT:

- section 5: I'm not sure "revertive" is a useful term
here. Seems to me that it's a) admirably obscure, b) maybe
inaccurate, as we're not reverting to a previous state
here but rather changing paths, and maybe c) it's not
clear if we end up with a "fully functional" path after
"reverting." But maybe it's an accepted term of art in
routing - if so, some reference to where it's well
described might be nice.

- section 8, para 1: this assumes that "managed by network
operator" means "is secure." I think we have examples
where not all that happens within a network is under the
control of the owner of the network, so I question that
assumption. (I'm not now asking for a concrete change as
that'd be a major bit of work, but I am as willing as ever
to continue to call this out as it appears;-) If you could
remove text based on that assumption, that'd improve the
document I think.