Re: [Pana] Fwd: [IANA #454490] Last Call: <draft-ohba-pana-relay-03.txt> (Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA) Relay Element) to Proposed Standard

"Alper Yegin" <alper.yegin@yegin.org> Fri, 10 June 2011 07:58 UTC

From: Alper Yegin <alper.yegin@yegin.org>
To: 'Yoshihiro Ohba' <yoshihiro.ohba@toshiba.co.jp>, pana@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:58:09 +0300
Subject: Re: [Pana] Fwd: [IANA #454490] Last Call: <draft-ohba-pana-relay-03.txt> (Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA) Relay Element) to Proposed Standard

I didn't understand why IANA assignment cares about the Req/Ans bit. Is it
really needed for IANA assignments?

If we need to use it, one option is to put "not applicable for PCI and PRY".

And if that's not acceptable/practical, then I'd say marking both PCI and
PRY with Req is OK. We could perceive them as requests that do not expect
answers. They are one-way messages. This is more logical to me than to
define an answer for which there is no outstanding request.

Alper