[payload] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zhao-payload-rtp-vvc-00.txt

"shuaiizhao(Shuai Zhao)" <shuaiizhao@tencent.com> Fri, 06 September 2019 11:01 UTC

From: "shuaiizhao(Shuai Zhao)" <shuaiizhao@tencent.com>
To: "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>, "payload@ietf.org" <payload@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 11:00:51 +0000
user-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/10.1c.0.190812
x-originating-ip: [10.14.87.232]
Subject: [payload] FW: New Version Notification for draft-zhao-payload-rtp-vvc-00.txt

Hi,

A initial draft of “RTP payload format for VVC/H.266 (versatile video coding)” has been uploaded for public review (see below to access the draft).

I am soliciting comments from the experts with the emphasis on the following items:

  1.  AFAIK the MRST/MRMT mode, which was proposed for HEVC (RCF7798), was never deployed in the market. Wondering if we should keep the similar mode for the VVC. If you know anyone has such implementation, please let us know.
  2.  RFC 7798 had the PACI (payload content information) and has the only payload, the temporal scalability info message.  Now, the current framemarking draft<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking/> has made the temporal scalability information stuff obsolete.  Anyone sees a need for PACI?  Has anyone ever seen a use of PACI in 7798 implementations?
  3.  Looking forward to the input from people who wish to make comments on the NAL unit header design (which is also the payload header).  We would be happy to forward the outcome of such discussion to the JVET meeting.  They should comment within a week, so we can make the JVET doc deadline.

We would be grateful for any comments or suggestion you might have.

Best,
Shuai