[Pce] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn-11: (with COMMENT)

Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 15 May 2019 19:40 UTC

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn@ietf.org, Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, pce-chairs@ietf.org, adrian@olddog.co.uk, pce@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 12:40:52 -0700
Subject: [Pce] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn-11: (with COMMENT)

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn/

COMMENT:

I appreciate all of the references to the various security considerations in
Section 7.  My primary question in reading this section was “Does the use of
PCE in an ACTN introduce any additional vulnerabilities/threats/residual risk
and how is this addressed?” as this document was focused on the applicability
of PCE in ACTN.

(1) I wasn’t sure how [RFC5440] and [RFC6952] were applying specifically to the
ACTN use case.

(2) I wasn’t sure how to use the guidance in the third paragraph, “As per
[RFC8453] …”.  It notes that [RFC8453] outlines both needed security properties
and threats; and reiterates that [RFC8453] states that ACTN should have “rich
security features”.  The link and relevance to PCE was not evident.