Re: [Pce] draft-chen-pce-sr-policy-ifit-00

Giuseppe Fioccola <giuseppe.fioccola@huawei.com> Thu, 26 March 2020 14:00 UTC

From: Giuseppe Fioccola <giuseppe.fioccola@huawei.com>
To: Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>
CC: "pce@ietf.org" <pce@ietf.org>, "draft-chen-pce-sr-policy-ifit@ietf.org" <draft-chen-pce-sr-policy-ifit@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 14:00:33 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.0.92]
Subject: Re: [Pce] draft-chen-pce-sr-policy-ifit-00

Hi Dhruv,
Thanks for your quick feedback.

The current version of the draft adds attribute TLVs to the SR Policy Association Group, but the same TLVs can also be generic in PCEP.
We can surely evaluate to generalize it.

Your assumption is correct, anyway this extension in PCEP would allow PCC to include in general all the available data plane on-path telemetry methods (IOAM, Alternate Marking and so on).

A capability exchange before the use of this extension is a good suggestion in particular for IOAM, but no need for Alternate Marking.

Regards,

Giuseppe