[Pce] 答复: A pending item for draft-peng-pce-entropy-label-position

xiong.quan@zte.com.cn Mon, 27 July 2020 06:22 UTC

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 14:22:13 +0800
From: xiong.quan@zte.com.cn
To: dhruv.ietf@gmail.com
Cc: draft-peng-pce-entropy-label-position@ietf.org, slitkows.ietf@gmail.com, pce@ietf.org
Subject: [Pce] 答复: A pending item for draft-peng-pce-entropy-label-position

Hi Dhruv and Stephane,

Thanks for your review and comments!

I appreciated the comments from you last meeting and updated the draft this meeting.

Multiple <ELI, EL> pairs MAY be inserted in the SR-MPLS label stack as defined in RFC8662 secssion 7.1.

So from implementation view, the ingress MUST support the capability of  inserting multiple ELI/ELs.

And in case of inter-domain scenario, PCE would be useful for computing both SR path and the placement of entropy labels.

So I agree with you.  We need to extend the capability at ingress node in control plane.  But I think the capability is no need to be advertised  by IGP protocol.

PCE might not be aware of the capability of ingress to push ELI/EL pairs. We should add the capability in OPEN message from PCC to PCE.

There are two options for us.

A, add a new bit to indicate the capability of ingress to push ELI/EL pairs.

B, reuse the E (ELP)  bit to indicate the capability of inserting multiple ELI/EL pairs at PCC and support the SR path with ELP from PCE when PCC send OPEN message to PCE.

I updated the draft as the option 2.  Could you please tell me what is your suggestion?

And any comments are welcome!

Thanks,

Quan

原始邮件