Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-sid-algo-28.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2025 02:41:36 -0700
List-Id: Path Computation Element <pce.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-pce-sid-algo-28.txt is now available. It is a work
item of the Path Computation Element (PCE) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   Carrying SR-Algorithm in Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)
   Authors: Samuel Sidor
            Zoey Rose
            Shaofu Peng
            Shuping Peng
            Andrew Stone
   Name:    draft-ietf-pce-sid-algo-28.txt
   Pages:   33
   Dates:   2025-10-15

Abstract:

   This document specifies extensions to the Path Computation Element
   Communication Protocol (PCEP) to enhance support for Segment Routing
   (SR) with a focus on the use of Segment Identifiers (SIDs) and SR-
   Algorithms in Traffic Engineering (TE).  The SR-Algorithm associated
   with a SID defines the path computation algorithm used by Interior
   Gateway Protocols (IGPs).  It introduces mechanisms for PCEP peers to
   signal SR-Algorithm associated with SIDs by encoding this information
   in Explicit Route Object (ERO) and Record Route Object (RRO)
   subobjects, enables SR-Algorithm constraints for path computation,
   and defines new metric types for the METRIC object.  This document
   updates RFC 8664 and RFC 9603 to allow such extensions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-sid-algo/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-sid-algo-28

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-sid-algo-28

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts