Re: [Pce] Shepherd Review of draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-pcep-extensions

<julien.meuric@orange.com> Tue, 31 July 2018 14:27 UTC

From: julien.meuric@orange.com
To: Cyril Margaria <cyril.margaria@gmail.com>
CC: Jonathan Hardwick <Jonathan.Hardwick@metaswitch.com>, Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>, "pce@ietf.org" <pce@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 16:27:08 +0200
Subject: Re: [Pce] Shepherd Review of draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-pcep-extensions

Hi Cyril,

[CC'ing the WG to share the comment resolution below]

Thanks a lot for editing this update. Please find here some
complementary fixes and nits.

------
Abstract
---
- s/extensions for the/extensions to the/
------
Section  1.
---
- s/current PCEP RFCs/most preexisting PCEP RFCs/
- s/PCEP requirements for/PCEP Requirements for/
- s/support and limitation of existing PCEP objects/Support and
Limitation of Base PCEP Objects/
- s/to any GMPLS networks/to all GMPLS-controlled networks/
- s/ERO : Unnumbered endpoints/ERO: Unnumbered IDs/
- No space before ':' (multiple times)
- s/existing route/existing path/
- s/existing PCEP object/base PCEP object/
- "IRO/XRO" should be expanded at first occurrence: "The Include/eXclude
Route Objects (IRO/XRO) do not [...]"
- s/of labels/of labels./
- s/Current attributes/Base attributes/
------
Section 2.
---
- s/PCEP objects and extensions/PCEP Objects and Extensions/
- s/GMPLS capability advertisement/GMPLS Capability Advertisement/
- s/OPEN Object extension/OPEN Object Extension/
- s/Moreover ,/Moreover,/
- s/RP object extension/RP Object Extension/
- s/This correspond to/This corresponds to/
- s/SHOULD try to follow/SHOULD follow/
- s/granularity it likes on the route/granularity on the path/
[dropping "it likes"]
- s/BANDWIDTH object extensions/BANDWIDTH Object Extensions/
- s/the request size/the requested size/
- s/BANDIDTH/BANDWIDTH/
- s/are to be supported by the new encoding/are supported by the
extended encoding/
- s/TE LSP/TE-LSP/
- s/The payload/The body/
- Put consistency in capitalization of field names, both in the figure
and the following text.
- s/16 bit Bandwidth/16-bit Bandwidth/
- s/RSVPT-TE/RSVP-TE/
- s/the field generalized bandwidth and reverse generalized
bandwidth/the fields Generalized Bandwidth and Reverse Generalized
Bandwidth/
- Below the object type summary, prefix the title with a Table number
(will ease further references).
- s/symetric/symmetric/
- s/procedures described/procedure described/
- s/is unchanged,/is unchanged:/
- s/of the path/of the path./
- s/TE LSP/TE-LSP/  [x2]
- s/LOAD-BALANCING object extensions/LOAD-BALANCING Object Extensions/
- s/BANDWIDTH object a new object/BANDWIDTH object, a new object/
- s/generalized load balancing object/Generalized Load Balancing
object/  [x2]
- Put consistency in capitalization of field names, both in the figure
and the following text.
- s/include TLV different than/include TLVs different from/
- s/(8 bits) :/(8 bits):/
- s/it correspond to/it corresponds to/
- s/RSVPT-TE/RSVP-TE/
- s/C-Types/C-Types./
- s/TE LSPs in the set/TE-LSPs in the set/
- s/Specifies/specifies/  [x2]
- s/the set of TE LSPs./the TE-LSP set./  [x2]
- s/the field Min Bandwidth Spec and Min Reverse Bandwidth spec/the
fields Min Bandwidth Spec and Min Reverse Bandwidth Spec/
- s/in the following references./in table X from section 2.3./
- Drop the (duplicated) table.
- s/TE LSPs/TE-LSPs/  [x2]
- s/each TE LSP have to have at least have a bandwidth/each TE-LSP must
at least have a bandwidth/
- s/END-POINTS Object extensions/END-POINTS Object Extensions/
- s/From [RFC5440]the/From [RFC5440], the/
- s/This new C-Type/This new type/
- s/to be use./to be used./
- s/this object type object./this object./
- s/each endpoint type/each Endpoint Type
- s/The Label Set/The Label set/
- s/restrictions provided by signaling/restrictions which may apply to
signaling/

OLD
   an explicit
   value (Label set describing one label), mandatory range restrictions
   (Label set), OPTIONAL range restriction (Label set with L bit set)
   and single suggested value with the L bit and a single value
NEW
   an explicit or a suggested value (Label set describing one label, with
   the L bit respectively cleared or set), mandatory range restrictions
   (Label set with L bit cleared) and optional range restriction (Label set
   with L bit set).

- s/restrictionmay not/restrictions may not/
- s/GMPLS networks/GMPLS-controlled networks/
- s/sender and receivers/senders and receivers/
- s/endpoint type/Endpoint Type/  [on the figure]
- s/is received/is received./
- s/the endpoint type/the endpoint type/  [x2]
- The grammar should refer to RFC 5511, which should also be added to
the reference section.
- The intermediate definitions of <source-endpoint> and
<destination-endpoint> don't bring any summarization but make the P2MP
case quite cumbersome. I would map <p2p-endpoints> directly to endpoints
and restrictions.
- s/IPV4-ADDRESS,IPV6-ADDRESS/IPV4-ADDRESS, IPV6-ADDRESS/
- s/UNNUMBERED-ENDPOINT TLV./UNNUMBERED-ENDPOINT TLVs./
- s/The response SHOUd./The response SHOULD include the END-POINTS
object with only the unsupported TLV(s)./  [based on -11]
- s/LABEL-REQUEST or LABEL-SET TLV./LABEL-REQUEST or LABEL-SET TLVs./
- s/NO-PATH- VECTOR/NO-PATH-VECTOR/
- s/ENDPOINT object/END-POINTS object/
- s/the TLV where the PCE could not meet the constraint./the TLV(s)
related to the constraints the PCE could not meet./
- s/TLVs extensions/TLV Extensions/
- s/2.5.2.1.  IPV4-ADDRESS/2.5.2.1.  IPV4-ADDRESS TLV/
- s/This TLV represent/This TLV represents/  [x3]
- s/in [RFC3477] The/in [RFC3477]. The/
- s/satisfy requirement 13 for/satisfy requirement 13 of [RFC7025] for/
- s/have in the future more than one/have more than one/
- Drop "(the scope is then more clear)".
- s/O Bit/O bit/
- s/an old label./a previously allocated label./
- s/SHOULD be within/MUST be within/
- s/section 3.5.1/section 3.5.1./
- s/U, 0 and L/U, O and L/  [letter O != zero]
- s/to 1.If the/to 1. If the/
- s/is set the Action/is set, the Action/
- s/set of preferred (ordered) set of labels/set of preferred (ordered)
labels/
- s/without L bit set./with L bit cleared./
- s/2 LABEL_SET TLV/2 LABEL_SET TLVs/
- s/value if more/value, if more/
- s/the following TLV/the following TLVs/
- s/set or a PCErr message with/set, otherwise a PCErr message MUST be
sent with/
- s/IRO extension/IRO Extension/
- s/fulfill requirement 13/fulfill requirement 13 of [RFC7025]/
- s/interface id/interface ID/
- s/the IP address given/the given IP address/
- s/the PCE allocates/the PCE is able to allocate/
- s/e.g/e.g./
- s/assign labels then/assign labels, then/
- s/XRO extension/XRO Extension/
- s/labels ([RFC6001], in/labels ([RFC6001]). In/
- s/the XRO needs/PCEP's XRO needs/
- s/to support label exclusion./to enable label exclusion./
- At this stage, the figure depicting the XRO subobject should not
include any value for the type (3 is only suggested and it may be
confusing during IANA allocation step).
- Section 2.7 has many unnecessary blank lines.
- s/Label subobject is TBA/Label subobject is TBA-39/
- s/[RFC5521],The/[RFC5521], the/
- s/interface id/interface ID/
- s/the IP address given/the given IP address/
- s/LSPA extensions/LSPA Extensions/
- s/end-to-end protection context this/end-to-end recovery context, this/
- s/used by implementation/used by a PCE implementation/
- s/some more additional/some additional/
- s/provide a route/provide a path/  [x4 in bit-associated error messages]
------
Section 3.
---
- s/Additional Error Type/Additional Error-Types/
- s/Error- values/Error-values/
- s/for Error-Type 10 and A new/for Error-Types 4 and 10. A new/
- For the newly defined Error-Type (TBA-27), please add "value=0:
Unassigned". Without specific allocated Error-values, it is likely that
the IANA will give 1 to 4.
------
Section 4.
---
- s/implementation MAY allow/implementation may allow/
- s/BANDWIDTH object type TBA and TBA (Generalized
Bandwidth)parameters/BANDWIDTH object type TBA-2 and TBA-3 parameters/
- s/LOAD-BALANCING object type TBA parameters/LOAD-BALANCING object type
TBA-4 parameters
- s/..etc/etc./
- s/in CCAMP working group/in the TEAS or CCAMP working groups/
------
Section 5.
---
- Section 5.1 suggests some codepoints by indicating the Unassigned
values. This pool remains up to the IANA, please drop the 3 instances
related to the unassigned Object-Types.
- s/END-POINTS object/ END-POINTS Object/
- s/endpoint type/Endpoint Type/
- s/PCEP Error-Type and Error Values/PCEP Error-Types and Error-values/
- s/provide a route/provide a path/  [x4 in bit-associated error messages]
------
Appendix A.
---
- s/LOAD-BALANCING usage/LOAD-BALANCING Usage/
- s/V4 components/VC-4 components/
- s/n x VC4 traffic/n x VC-4 traffic/
- s/a SDH/an SDH/
- s/VC4 container/VC-4 containers/  [x2]
- s/BANDWIDTH object with OT=3/BANDWIDTH object with OT=TBA-2/
- Comas should be followed by a space, at least within sentences.
- s/5 path/5 paths/
- s/BANDWIDTH OT=3/BANDWIDTH OT=TBA-2/
------

Cheers,