[Pce] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-14: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Sat, 19 October 2019 04:02 UTC

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce@ietf.org, Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, pce-chairs@ietf.org, adrian@olddog.co.uk, pce@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 21:02:51 -0700
Subject: [Pce] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-14: (with COMMENT)

draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-14: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce/

COMMENT:

Thank you for addressing my Discuss point!

I would consider including the conclusion from our discussion about what
would happen if a PCEP speaker does not support stateful H-PCE but the peer
assumes it does, perhaps in an operational considerations section, but this does
not rise to a Discuss-level point.  For convenience, this was discussed as:

% I further did a mental exercise for PCC -> C-PCE -> P-PCE and assumed
% all support stateful and H-PCE extension but what happens when any
% PCEP speaker does not support stateful H-PCE but the peer assumes that
% it does. On further PCEP message exchange, the messages may not get
% further propagated and thus at worse would not lead to the stateful
% H-PCE based 'parent' control of the LSP. This is something any peer
% should be prepared for anyways.