Re: [Pce] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support-05

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Tue, 10 August 2021 01:13 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, Yaron Sheffer <yaronf.ietf@gmail.com>, "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>
CC: "draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support.all@ietf.org>, "last-call@ietf.org" <last-call@ietf.org>, "lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 01:13:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.136.123.117]
Subject: Re: [Pce] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support-05

Thanks Les for the pointer, I was looking into RFC6863 in KARP WG and found RFC5709 for OSPF security as well.
Yes, I agree to use RFC5310 to replace RFC5304 for IS-IS security.

Regarding the debate about MUST vs SHOULD, thanks for clarification. yes, whether to choose IGP advertisement is implementation specific. Operator will make their choice.
So I think I tend to agree to use SHOULD for client behavior. Thanks.

-Qin