Re: [Pce] WG Last Call of draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec

Khasanov Boris <khasanov.boris@huawei.com> Fri, 18 October 2019 15:27 UTC

From: Khasanov Boris <khasanov.boris@huawei.com>
To: "julien.meuric@orange.com" <julien.meuric@orange.com>, "pce@ietf.org" <pce@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:27:17 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.198.247.148]
Subject: Re: [Pce] WG Last Call of draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec

Hi Dhruv, Julien and all,
I read this document. I think it is logical evolution of PCE and PCEP functionality  towards more precise binding of traffic flows to LSPs.
I like the idea that FS capability should be advertised in 2 ways via IGP and PCEP OPEN message, that we can revoke flows from tunnel by means of R bit in  FS object.
I think this draft is already mature:i.e. it has descriptions of  different cases (VPN identification, Overlapping Flows, Modifying Flows specifications etc.) and ready for publication.

SY,
Boris