Re: [Pce] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-p2mp-12: (with COMMENT)

Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.dhody@huawei.com> Thu, 11 April 2019 14:21 UTC

From: Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.dhody@huawei.com>
To: Mirja Kuehlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>, Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>
CC: "draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-p2mp@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-p2mp@ietf.org>, "pce@ietf.org" <pce@ietf.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "pce-chairs@ietf.org" <pce-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 14:21:30 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.18.76.252]
Subject: Re: [Pce] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-p2mp-12: (with COMMENT)

Hi Mirja,

The fragmentation is for the PCEP message and not each object. RFC6006 (and RFC8306) implemented this with a flag in the RP object (which is a MUST object in two messages that are susceptible to fragmentation). In this document we add flag in the LSP object (which is a MUST object in all the 3 messages that are susceptible to fragmentation).

So, PCEP has 13 messages, of which 5 are susceptible to fragmentation, and this is handled by flag in 2 objects. Even if we came up with new messages (and there are none proposed as of now), I don’t see us adding this flag in more objects anytime in the near future.

I will wait for shepherd/AD guidance on this.

Thanks!
Dhruv