Re: [Pce] PCE WG Last Call on draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-07

Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.dhody@huawei.com> Wed, 29 April 2015 09:02 UTC

From: Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.dhody@huawei.com>
To: "BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 09:01:55 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.18.146.248]
Cc: "pce@ietf.org" <pce@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Pce] PCE WG Last Call on draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-07

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for checking the proposed text.
What Adrian suggested, and I expanded on was the fact that IRO is an ordered list of network elements (subobjects) to be traversed. These IRO subobjects can be existing - IPv4, IPv6, Unnumbered Interface  as well as domain subobjects (AS and  IGP area).

The domain subobject in IRO changes the domain information associated with the next set of subobjects; till you encounter a subobject that changes the domain too.

           AS A                AS E                AS C
      <------------->      <---------->      <------------->

               A4----------E1---E2---E3---------C4
              /           /                       \
            /            /                          \
          /            /       AS B                   \
        /            /      <---------->                \
  Ingress------A1---A2------B1---B2---B3------C1---C2------Egress
        \                                    /          /
          \                                /          /
            \                            /          /
              \                        /          /
               A3----------D1---D2---D3---------C3

                           <---------->
                               AS D

Consider IRO: (AS B, B2,B3, AS C, C1, C2)
Here on processing AS B changes the AS of the subsequent subobjects till you encounter another subobject "AS C" which changes the AS for its subsequent subobjects and so forth...

IRO (AS D, D2, D3, C3)
Here as well, on processing AS D, it changes the AS of the subsequent subobjects till you encounter another subobject "C3" which changes the AS for its subsequent subobjects and so forth...
And thus an IP address that is present in another AS also changes the AS of the subsequent subobjects

Same is true for area.

If you think there is a need for text improvement, please suggest changes.
I can also add the above example in the draft, if that adds clarity.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Dhruv