Re: [PCN] On pcn and overloads (was: Concensus questions from Thursday's PCN meeting)

"Geib, Ruediger" <Ruediger.Geib@t-systems.com> Thu, 20 March 2008 14:13 UTC

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:12:08 +0100
From: "Geib, Ruediger" <Ruediger.Geib@t-systems.com>
To: acharny@cisco.com
Cc: pcn@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [PCN] On pcn and overloads (was: Concensus questions from Thursday's PCN meeting)
Sender: pcn-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Anna,

5-10% overload doesn't look as a catastrophy scenario to me. A 10%
overload following the loss of an SRLG and then meeting ECMP
routing will be evenly distributed on the multiple paths. How much
head ache does this cause, if there the congestion one single link
is no more than 5% (keeping in mind, that the traffic of origins
not impacted by the SRLG loss soon decays)? I still have a hard
time to understand what's 'new' on the problem that's claimed
to be caused by ECMP.

I drop out for vacation now, will be back on 31st.

Regards,

Rudiger