Re: [pcp] New Version Notification for draft-ripke-pcp-tunnel-id-option-01.txt

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Wed, 09 July 2014 08:42 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: Andreas Ripke <Andreas.Ripke@neclab.eu>, "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 08:42:29 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.3]
Subject: Re: [pcp] New Version Notification for draft-ripke-pcp-tunnel-id-option-01.txt

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for sharing this updated version of the document.

I'm not sure about the carrier-hosted IWF because one of the motivations for PCP to avoid overloading the carrier network with a chatty protocol.

FWIW, I have identified in this document as case that require an identification information that cannot be included in a THIRD_PARTY option:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-pcp-sfc-classifier-control-00
"   o  Extended THIRD_PARTY option to include a L2 identifier (e.g., MAC
      address), an opaque subscriber-identifier, an IMSI, etc."

I suggest you change TUNNEL_ID to something that won't mislead the reader that a tunneling technique is always in place when this option is in use.

Cheers,
Med