Re: [pcp] WG status on PCP authentication

Yoshihiro Ohba <yoshihiro.ohba@toshiba.co.jp> Fri, 14 September 2012 12:29 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 21:29:57 +0900
From: Yoshihiro Ohba <yoshihiro.ohba@toshiba.co.jp>
To: "Zhangdacheng (Dacheng)" <zhangdacheng@huawei.com>
Cc: "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [pcp] WG status on PCP authentication

Hi Dacheng,

A good question.  Actually both approaches has some impact on RFC 5191
to allow PANA to run over a non-PANA port (which would require
updating RFC 5191).  This made me think that the need for updating RFC
5191 to use the Reserved field in the demultiplexing approach is not
considered as a cons.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba