Re: [Pearg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-generation-05.txt

Fernando Gont <fgont@si6networks.com> Thu, 07 January 2021 00:55 UTC

To: pearg@irtf.org, "pearg-chairs@irtf.org" <pearg-chairs@irtf.org>
From: Fernando Gont <fgont@si6networks.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 20:56:04 -0300
Subject: Re: [Pearg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-generation-05.txt

Folks,

FYI, this rev addresses comments we received off-list, some minor issues
that we found while doing a fresh review ourselves, and comments that we
got as a result of draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations being last
called (that led to folks looking at the two PEARG I-Ds on numeric IDs).

Other than generally polishing the text and fixing minor errors:

* We added a short Section "8.3.  Fingerprinting", upon request of
Bernard Aboba.

* All discussion of algorithms or techniques that generally have
negative implications has been moved into Appendix A.

If you can please do take a look and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

Regards,
Fernando

--