[Pearg] New I-D on Privacy and Security Threat Analysis for Private Messaging

Bernie Hoeneisen <bernie@ietf.hoeneisen.ch> Thu, 31 October 2019 21:30 UTC

Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 22:30:36 +0100
From: Bernie Hoeneisen <bernie@ietf.hoeneisen.ch>
To: IETF PEARG List <pearg@irtf.org>
cc: IETF MEDUP ML <medup@ietf.org>
Subject: [Pearg] New I-D on Privacy and Security Threat Analysis for Private Messaging

Dear PEARG List
CC MEDUP List

Please be informed that we have just submitted a new Internet-Draft on
"Privacy and Security Threat Analysis for Private Messaging".
(More information, see below.)

   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-symeonidis-pearg-private-messaging-threats-00

This work is a split-out of the general MEDUP (Missing Elements for
Decentralized Usable Privacy) approach, which is about enhancements to
application protocols for decentralized usable privacy.

A predecessor of this document was discussed in MEDUP. We concluded that
this work is more generic and likely much more in scope for PEARG.

Iraklis (the main author) will present this during the PEARG meeting in
Singapore and we may consider to assume this as PEARG WG item.

Looking forward to your feedback and comments on the PEARG mailing list.

All the best
  Bernie