RE: Sad situation!!!

Peter Williams <peter@verisign.com> Fri, 04 October 1996 19:08 UTC

From: Peter Williams <peter@verisign.com>
To: 'Samuel Pickard' <sjp@exel.co.uk>
Cc: "pem-dev@TIS.COM" <pem-dev@tis.com>, "smime-dev@rsa.com" <smime-dev@rsa.com>
Subject: RE: Sad situation!!!
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 11:11:19 -0700
Sender: pem-dev-approval@neptune.tis.com

The Deming tool satisfies many of these requirements. Try it
for free, at

http://www.deming.com.

The RSADSI S/MIME page has a list of alternative vendors
with similar products, including alternative Exchange plug-ins.

The Deming producyt doesnt give you "invisible" security. This seems a dangerous
thing to ask, as all users need to be aware of at least the
residual risks when using any key-based security technology. User
access to the protection service however, is "fully integrated" as a natural part
of the exchange interface, however, as if shipped with Exchange
by Microsoft!

The workflow angle is addressed, as the plugin comes for free behind
MAPI, as used by any MS exchnage-related workflow tool, including
much of  the windows desktop's Document Send features!

Peter.