[perpass] Security and Privacy Implications of Numeric Identifiers Employed in Network Protocols (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-predictable-numeric-ids-00.txt)

Fernando Gont <fgont@si6networks.com> Tue, 16 February 2016 13:44 UTC

From: Fernando Gont <fgont@si6networks.com>
To: perpass@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 10:44:01 -0300
Subject: [perpass] Security and Privacy Implications of Numeric Identifiers Employed in Network Protocols (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-predictable-numeric-ids-00.txt)

Folks,

A week ago or so we published a new IETF I-D entitled "Security and
Privacy Implications of Numeric Identifiers Employed in Network Protocols".

It sheds light on the security and privacy implications of predictable
numeric identifiers, which have affected (and still affect) several IETF
protocols for ages, and that in some cases (such as IPv6 IIDs) can be
leveraged for pervasive monitoring.

The I-D is available here:
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-predictable-numeric-ids-00.txt>

For the time being, at least, we expect discussion to happen on the SAAG
mailing-list (<saag@ietf.org>)... but feel free to send your comments as
you wish.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!