Re: [perpass] Getting started...

Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> Sat, 17 August 2013 10:19 UTC

Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:18:57 +0900
From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: perpass@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [perpass] Getting started...

> I hope so. We had some good discussions in Berlin at any rate and my
> hope is that at least the people involved in that will chime in.  But
> I guess we'll see when we see.

ok, ok.

imiho, there are a vast number of areas we can improve.  as you point
out, a privacy version of jeff's danvers rfc is one start.  another is
just painting privacy by default on the walls at home.

i know bgp payload does not excite a lot of folk, but encrypting it
makes ip space tracability just that much harder.  and opportunistic
encryption would be trivial to negotiate in the bgp open.  and i am
looking at bgpsec doing payload encryption.

i would love it if my email client ( well, normal email clients :-)
automagically encrypted to the recipients for whom i have a public key.
maybe the folk way up there at layer seven can come up with an even
better idea.

i could drivel on.  but there are a lot of folk far smarter at this
stuff than i.

oh, and can we try to take the constructive road, not the negative
games?  my .procmailrc is too long already.

randy