Re: [perpass] perpass: what next?

Stefan Winter <stefan.winter@restena.lu> Thu, 09 July 2015 07:38 UTC

Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 09:38:13 +0200
From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter@restena.lu>
To: perpass@ietf.org
Cc: Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
Subject: Re: [perpass] perpass: what next?

Hello,

> I agree that we do a poor job here, and I think that we should make this kind
> of interaction smoother.  I spent four years working on rfc4332 (OE for IPsec/IKE),
> and version 1 was always going to be on the ISE.
>
>     > BTW, the current draft is here; as it happens, it expires today, and
>     > honestly I'm wondering if it's worth refreshing it:
>
>     > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-winter-opsawg-eap-metadata-01
>
> I would say yes. I was going to ask if there were implementations, and you
> clearly have some...

Okay. I've refreshed the draft with minor changes, and am going to try
and hunt down ADs for ISE sponsoring :-)

I'm aiming at either Stephen (as he's on the list and so is informed on
the general topic already; plus he's an eduroam user and sees .1X in
real life every day - now if he is also proud owner of an Android
device, where we've implemented the draft already, he's a role-model AD
for this draft :-) ) or Kathleen (I originally presented this for the
OPS area where Kathleen is now partly involved; but since the topic also
improves end-user security it also has a security AD touch).

I can also present this at saag if a security AD or two see value in this?

In any case, Stephen and Kathleen should prepare to run and hide if they
see me approaching in Prague :-)

The refreshed draft is at

https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-winter-opsawg-eap-metadata-02.txt

Greetings,