Re: IAHC archive [was Re: Comments on gTLD-MOU Leadership [was: Bob shaws misrepresentation of Jeff williams's comments]]

Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@TO.GSC.GTE.Com> Thu, 14 May 1998 21:10 UTC

Delivery-Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:19:08 -0400
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 14:04:40 -0700
From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@TO.GSC.GTE.Com>
To: Jay Fenello <Jay@IPERDOME.COM>
cc: perry@piermont.com, "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <dee@cybercash.com>, IETF ORG <ietf@ietf.org>, DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET
Subject: Re: IAHC archive [was Re: Comments on gTLD-MOU Leadership [was: Bob shaws misrepresentation of Jeff williams's comments]]
Sender: mcc@WLV.IIPO.GTEGSC.COM

I realize that GTE is a much simpler reference than GTE Governemt Systems
Corporation, Federal Systems Division.  This was the only organization that
was, briefly, involved with alternate roots.  GTE Corporation, GTE Internet
Network Solutions, and GTE Internetworking were not involved.

The individual responsible for configuring one of the DNS servers for the
alternate roots was advised by me to discontinue the support as it had
impacts at other GTE Government Systems' sites.  I am not aware of any
others who may, or may not, have contacted the individual with regard to the
alternate roots.

Merton Campbell Crockett
Domain Administrator
GTE Government Systems