Re: Tired of Waiting

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> Wed, 15 July 1998 22:10 UTC

Delivery-Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 18:22:11 -0400
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:47:44 +0100
From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
To: perry@piermont.com
CC: Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu>, discussion-draft@giaw.org, ietf@ietf.org, ifwp@ifwp.org, List@giaw.org, rmeyer@mhsc.com
Subject: Re: Tired of Waiting

Perry and all,

Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Scott Bradner writes:
> > jeff asks
> > >   Why would anybody be filtered out if you truly believe in an open process?
> >
> > because history shows some people contribute volume not content?
> >  http://golem.sobco.com/nww/1997/08-democracy.html
>
> I actually believe in a fully open process. However, email is not
> structured to make that feasible. In a committee hearing, you can
> follow things like Roberts Rules of Order to make sure that giving
> everyone their say is orderly. In email, you can't do that, which
> means you can't operate a fully open process using only email.

  God you are misinformed Kent!!!  You can certainly VOTE using a Web page
app.  It is done every day in one forum or another.

  And any E-mail mailing list can be open to anyone besides that point.  You can
also use a FREE form mailing list to have compleat input unrestricted thereby
allowing an open process to anyone that wishes to participate.

> Perry

 regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.