[pilc] updated routing text for draft-ietf-pilc-link-design

Aaron Falk <falk@isi.edu> Thu, 09 October 2003 17:53 UTC

Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 10:52:04 -0700
From: Aaron Falk <falk@isi.edu>
To: PILC IETF working group <pilc@ietf.org>
Cc: Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com>, Allison Mankin <mankin@psg.com>, Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>, Mark Allman <mallman@icir.org>, Spencer Dawkins <spencer_dawkins@yahoo.com>
Subject: [pilc] updated routing text for draft-ietf-pilc-link-design
Sender: pilc-admin@ietf.org

Hi PILC folks!

You may be wondering (in the deep recesses of your mind) what happened
to our document "Advice for Internet Subnet Designers".  You may
recall that we received some substantial comments from the IESG in
June.

The most significant comment was from Alex Zinin, Routing AD, on the
routing text.  Joe Touch, Gorry Fairhurst, and I have been working
with Alex since around the last IETF to get revised language worked
out.  While I am waiting for Alex to respond to (what we believe is)
an greatly improved section, it is probably (past) time for the
working group to get a chance to see the text and comment on it.

  Keep in mind that we want to get this document out the door and so
  I'd like to encourage you to read the text below and voice either
  support for it or major concerns (e.g., inaccuracies).

Mark Allman, current holder of the editor token, will be updating
draft-...-13.txt with the responses to the IESG comments and a list of
nits (mostly found by Gorry -- Thanks!).  Once we can get the DISCUSS
votes lifted by the IESG, the doc will go to the RFC Editor.

--aaron

----- End forwarded message -----