Re: [pim] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-07

Jan Lindblad <janl@tail-f.com> Tue, 11 September 2018 13:52 UTC

From: Jan Lindblad <janl@tail-f.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 15:51:57 +0200
Cc: yang-doctors@ietf.org, ietf <ietf@ietf.org>, pim@ietf.org, draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang.all@ietf.org
To: Xufeng Liu <xufeng.liu.ietf@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [pim] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-07

Xufeng,

> Thanks for the review and valuable comments.
>
> In regard to item #1, there was a discussion thread among the Yang Doctors, authors of RFC 8349, and Routing Area Yang Architecture Design Team, as attached below.  The discussion occurred during the review of a draft with the same issue as this one.

I see, didn't know. Good. If this has been discussed to conclusion, then you should of course go with that decision.

As mentioned earlier, there are a few other singleton protocols mapped into this structure, e.g. static. I think it would make sense to treat this the same. Principle of least astonishment.

Best Regards,
/jan