[pim] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang-16: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 08 July 2020 08:12 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang@ietf.org, pim-chairs@ietf.org, pim@ietf.org, Stig Venaas <stig@venaas.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 01:12:22 -0700
Subject: [pim] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang-16: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang-16: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-snooping-yang/

COMMENT:

I'm almost hitting the "DISCUSS" button here over the fact that the shepherd
writeup warned in several places that the YANG in this document had issues.
Were these resolved?

> There was an early YANG doctor review that found some issues. I believe the
should be resolved. There are some errors compiling the model though.

> Early YANG doctor review was done. It would be good to get another check to
see if everything is fine now.

> There are some minor nits as found by the tool, and YANG validation has a few
issues.

> The early YANG doctor review only found minor issues, which should be
addressed in version 08.  [We're at -16 now; was this never updated?]

Section 3:

* "The YANG data model defined in this document conforms to the Network
Management Datastore Architecture (NMDA) [RFC8342]." -- This text also appears
in Section 2.

Section 5:

* I concur with Roman's suggestion to refer here to RFC 4541.

Section 6:

* I suggest this be split into two subsections, which in my experience is more
conventional (but not required).

Other:

There's a bug in whatever rendering engine was used here.  The footer for page
1 says the document expires January 2021, but all others say 2020.