[pim] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-12: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 20 May 2019 12:53 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang@ietf.org, Stig Venaas <stig@venaas.com>, aretana.ietf@gmail.com, pim-chairs@ietf.org, stig@venaas.com, pim@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 05:53:46 -0700
Subject: [pim] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-12: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang-12: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-igmp-mld-yang/

COMMENT:

Thanks for the work everyone has put into this document.

I only have a couple of comments (but one important one about the 2 branches)
and a couple of nits.

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 2.1.1 and section 2.1.2 --

Those sections are about configuration parameters not covered at global or
interface level. But, what about operational states, can the reader assume that
they are all covered by this document ? It is really unclear.

-- Section 2.3 --

As I am not a multicast expert, I did not put a DISCUSS on this one. But, are
MLD and IGMP so different? Why having TWO different branches for each address
family... For SNMP, RFC 4292/4293 was made protocol version independent which
is a big plus IMHO for operations. In any case, there should be more
explanations why there are two branches than the one paragraph/two sentences in
section 2.3. Moreover, it seems that the two schema branches are quite similar
so having one protocol version independent branch appears to be doable.

== NITS ==

-- Section 1 --

Add a reference to NMDA (expanding the acronym is not really sufficient, state
RFC 8342) ?

Expand CLI even if well-known.